Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Family Mail

It is always exciting to be one that receives mail, since mail takes along time to get here, and we receive it about 3 times a week, so I was excited to see that I got two letters from home today. I knew they were coming, and were articles from dad, but it was still exciting to receive a little letter from home.
Part of the article that dad sent, was due to me visiting a relative's grave site while in Galilee area. Our class went to the gravesite of John Clark, who is my great-great-uncle, becuase he was my grandpa's uncle, is what I understand so far. He was sent to turkey on a mission and came to the area of Jerusalem to teach Arabic to the visitors that come. He died of small pox, I believe, and was buried rather quickly for fear the disease would spread.
So I was excited to see the grave site of a relative all the way in Israel, and to know that he is part of my family. Here is a couple of pictures of his grave site, more to come once I get the pictures others took of it due to my camera being out of commission that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment