Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Week in Jerusalem

I have always loved the month of April because of a week off from school, warm weather but mostly because of Easter. my love for Easter grew alot this past week because I was not only able to be in the place where Christ died, but follow the account of the entire week with reading passages in the New Testament and was able attend different churches.

It started off with palm sunday, the day that Christ came into Jerusalem. It was a Jesus loving Crazy Mob! here are some pictures

I ended the week, the following Sunday, attending a service at the garden tomb. the service started at 6:30, right after sunrise, meaning we had to leave the center at 5:15, which meant I got up at 4:30 that morning. Boy was that hard, its been a long time since I have gotten up that early for anything. It was worth it though. The service was amazing, the place was packed with people from all over the world. I loved my spot, I was on the stairs just a few yards from the tomb inside the place. It isnt the exact tomb of Christ, but they believe it to be in the place but the important part is that "He has risen".
I am also on TV, they had a live broadcasting of the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment